Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.afterbuild.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes (you do not have to respond to them). Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Where we store personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to:
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If After Build Limited is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.