WANT TO KNOW MORE?
As Home Builder, you are required to provide a level of after care to all new Home Buyers, not just because of your obligations during the Builder’s Rectification Period (years 1-2 of the structural warranty) but because it is also good practice.
This is a sizeable commitment for any business as it’s resource hungry and for this reason it’s often not practical to do this in-house. Furthermore, managing defects requires a thorough understanding of warranty build standards and access to a system capable of recording reported issues and tracking their progress as contractors are instructed to rectify problems.
COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION
After Build are the industry’s leading out-source provider of new homes after care. We are the single point of contact for all new Homeowners, who may contact us at any time throughout the first two years of the structural warranty. Our team of highly trained Property Coordinators will ask questions to determine whether the matter being reported is a legitimate build defect (and explain the difference between a defect and Homeowner maintenance when necessary).
Our approach to after care is provided for a single Fixed-Price (per plot). Our aim is to deliver a friendly professional response to the Homeowner and to unburden the Home Builder from the daily demands of managing the occupant.
Our operation has evolved over 18 years during which time the UK new-build sector has experienced exceptionally challenging market conditions. During this period certain aspects have fundamentally altered, making the Home Builder’s responsibilities under any recognised 10-year warranty all the greater. The most influential are:
- New technology
- Quality control
- Contractor management
- Consumer expectation
- Our common goal is “… to provide excellent after care for the new Homeowner and cost-efficiency for the Home Builder”.
HOMEOWNER CONTACT WITH AFTER BUILD
We want to make communication with the Homeowner as easy as possible so a range of channels are offered:
- Occupant Portal – this is by far the most convenient way to report and track a defect, using a smart phone, tablet or PC at any time of day, 365 days a year
- Our flexibility to cater for a wide range of consumer needs is critically important in the creation of a seamless service. In many cases we ‘white label’ the service, either in the Home Builder’s name or the name of the development.
HOW THE SERVICE WORKS
We provide a friendly but professional response to every call …
- Listen carefully to the matter being reported
- Apply a proven Q&A
- Determine legitimacy of defect
- Applying warranty build knowledge
Our technology enables us to record every issue, track and update the progress, organise appointments and raise job instructions.